Romanian Car Dealers Stage Protests Against Triple Car TaxPublish date: 09-12-2008
Officials of 40 used-cars dealerships in Salaj County, northwest Romania, said will organize protests on Thursday against the government's recent decision to triple the registration tax for used cars.
"The tax brings nothing good; it will only push us to bankruptcy. We will protest against it (…) and we will ask that this abusive, aberrant and illegal tax is eliminated," manager of local dealership SC Auto Lider SRL, Sorin Suteu, said Tuesday.
The Romanian government last week said will triple a registration tax for used cars to boost new car sales and aid the local auto industry.
The government decree, published in the Official Gazette and effective as of Monday, triples the tax level for all motor vehicles with up to Euro 4 engines and temporarily exempts vehicles whose cylinder capacity is less than 2,000 cubic centimeters and which are registered for the first time in Romania or other EU member states.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei