Net average salary in Romania grows 2.4% m/m in October to 1,327 lei, above labor productivityPublish date: 09-12-2008
The net average wage in Romania added 2.4 percent in October versus September, to 354 euros, beating the growth pace of labor productivity to the risk of economic gaps, according to the country's statistics body (INS).
It tempered annual advance to 22.4 percent in October, from 24.6 percent in September. Romanians earned a net average wage of 1,296 lei in September.
The gross average salary stood at 1,795 lei in October, up 2.5 percent over the previous month.
However, wages accelerated way above work productivity this year. The central bank has warned several times over the risks posed by the gap between the two indicators which generate economic imbalances and usher in pressure on inflation.
In real terms, considering the inflation rate, the net average salary rose 14 percent in October year-on-year.
The highest net salaries were paid in airline transports (862 euros) and the smallest in hotels and restaurants (204 euros).
Salaries in education saw a 12.4 percent rise in October, next to the ones in social services, which added 12.3 percent. Smaller increases were registered in agriculture, the textile industry, transports, furniture industry and equipments, between 2.5 and 6 percent.
Wages in the extractive industry dropped 25-35 percent following premiums offered in the previous month, data issued by INS also showed.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei