Dacia Logan sales in Europe rose 42.6% in first ten months of 2008Publish date: 08-12-2008
Dacia Logan sales went up 42.6 percent in the first ten months of 2008, by 89,775 sold units, according to Automotive News Europe magazine.
According to the source, despite a plunging car market in Europe, Dacia enjoys the demand for cars with a balanced quality/demand rate.
Dacia Logan is dealing well with the crisis, as there has always been a European market for pragmatic customers in search of a proper combination of price, equipment and versatility, such as Dacia Logan, according to the company's marketing director Arnault Baral.
This year's sales of Logan cars exceeded those in 2007, when Dacia sold 80,000 Logan units all over Europe.
Dacia sales are going up on the European market against last year, with a 23 percent increase in Germany, 74.7 percent in Italy, with both markets having fallen 17.7 percent, 30.23 percent respectively in November, against the same month lay year.
Sales of Dacia cars in Romania dropped in November 52 percent, to 4,600 units against 9,000 units last November, company's general manager Francois Fourmont told Agerpres Friday.
The fall was generated, in his opinion, by the consequences of the financial crisis on the loan and the inflow of imported second-hand cars.
Furumont said that in November alone over 50,000 secon-hand cars were brought in Romania.
The first worrying signs on the Romanian car market emerged in October, when sales of Dacia cars dropped 30 percent.
In October 2008 Dacia sold in Romania 6,664 units against 9,094 units in October 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei