EximBank grants 95.8m lei guarantee to the power complex Craiova for environment protection projectPublish date: 08-12-2008
State-owned lender EximBank endorsed the granting of 95.8 million lei guarantee to the power complex Craiova in Southern Romania, to help sustain environment protection project, the biggest such sum ever since the bank exists, according to a release.
The power complex in Craiova approved an investment program worth 407.9 million lei for next year.
Eximbank, set up 16 years ago, confers guarantees for exports and investments in infrastructure, regional development, research and training.
The power complex's majority owner is the assets recovery body AVAS which controls 73 percent of the shares.
The three power complexes in the southern region of the country, Turceni, Rovinari and Craiova cover about a third of Romania's electricity production and are, after the hydropower producer Hidroelectrica and the nuclear power supervisor Nuclearelectrica, the cheapest producers countrywide.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei