Insurers' ranking nine months into the yearPublish date: 08-12-2008
More than half of the top ten general and life insurance companies saw their market shares go down in the first nine months, but there were also a few players whose business grew and they climbed a few positions in the ranking.
The first nine months of the year were a really difficult time for insurance companies, with many top ten players seeing their market shares go down compared with the same time of last year.
The top ten companies in general insurance, which accounts for 80% of the total insurance market, saw their underwritten premiums in euros go down by as much as 19.2% or up by as much as 129.5%.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei