The number of new companies set up in Romania rises only 0.7% owing to the crisisPublish date: 04-12-2008
The number of newly-set companies in Romania increased only 0.7 percent this year until November 17 over the similar period last year, while bankruptcies doubled, because of the financial turmoil, data from Trade Registry Office (ONRC) show.
Most companies were created in retail (36,808) and constructions (22,562), while the least in cleaning (69).
However, at the same time, retail and vehicle repairing industry saw 5,326 bankruptcies over 3,046 last year. In the processing industry the number of insolvencies reached 2,601 from last year's 1,200 and in constructions it doubled to 900.
Other fields affected by bankruptcies were hotels and restaurants, transports and agriculture. Also, most insolvency cases were registered in October this year, a 79 percent over October last year
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei