Romania's ANRE Might Keep Current Gas Price By 3Q '09Publish date: Astazi, 04-12-2008
The current gas price might be kept in Romania until the third quarter of 2009, when it might slightly go down due to lower crude oil and imported natural gas tariffs, Gabriel Sarbu, head of the Price Department within the country’s energy watchdog ANRE, said Wednesday.
"We might keep the gas price by the third quarter, there are several options. For 2009, we forecast a decrease in the imported gas price," Sarbu told MEDIAFAX.
ANRE’s interim president Nicoale Opris said the institution and the market operators are looking for a compensation formula that might keep the current gas prices.
In September, ANRE officials said the price of natural gas will remain unchanged by the end of the year. They said the tariffs might even drop in the second part of 2009.
The most recent increase of the household gas price took place on July 1, when the tariffs rose by 12.5% in average.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei