Ctrl Bk To Also Approve Romanian Bks 2nd Tier ManagementPublish date: 03-12-2008
Banks' second tier managers, such as treasury and arbitrage heads or risk managers, will also be approved by the National Bank of Romania, or BNR, like the executive management and administrators of the credit institutions.
The central bank plans to change the law regarding banking institutions, so that the banks to need BNR's approval on the managers in treasury and arbitrage departments, internal audit, lending, retail and corporate departments, risk management and accountancy departments, banking sources stated Tuesday.
Romanian Banks Association head Radu Ghetea said that the association's management will meet Friday and present its official opinion on the issue.
In October, central bank's officials spoke about suspected market manipulation attempts by bank dealers, on the backdrop of speculations on the forex market, pushing the leu demand over the necessary volume under normal circumstances.
Following the scandal, UniCredit Tiriac Bank treasury manager Bogdan Mihoc resigned.
Romania's Competition Council also started an investigation on the market of banking and inter-banking services over alleged agreements between lenders.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei