Romania's gold and foreign currency reserve inches 0.4% in November, despite less foreign currenciesPublish date: 03-12-2008
Romania's gold and foreign currency reserve advanced 0.4 percent in November to 29.34 billion euros, following increase in the value of the gold reserve which compensated for the decline seen in the foreign currency one, a release from the central bank (BNR) reads.
Foreign currency reserve lost 90 million lei in November, to 27.22 billion euros, on smaller inflows than outflows.
Inflows totaled 1.62 billion euros, stemming from the modification of the bank's minimum mandatory foreign currency reserves, from administering international reserves, as well as operations on the interbank market.
Outflows reached 1.709 billion euros and were generated by the change of the minimum foreign currency reserves required by credit institutions, installments and interest payments and from fueling the European Commission's account.
The gold reserve idled at 103.7 tons, but appreciated to 2.1 billion euros following the evolution of international prices, up 200 million euros compared to the previous month.
Romania's international reserves of gold and foreign currency stood at 29.34 billion euros on November 30, from 29.22 billion euros on October 31.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei