Euroasig to file for bankruptcyPublish date: 02-12-2008
The Euroasig insurance and reinsurance company will be filing for bankruptcy shortly, according to a declaration for Business Standard by sources on the insurance market.
Euroasig is not the local insurer to go bankrupt. Grup AS and Metropol were the most visible bankruptcy cases, both subject to problems on the green card [car insurance outside home country] insurance segment. Similarly, the procedure for financial redress applied by the special administrator for the ARDAF insurer was a success in 2006. At the time, the Insurance Supervisory Commission (CSA) powerfully supported the Cluj-based company, which was taken over by the Czech PPF Group's investment arm.
At the end of August, CSA's Board decided that Euroasig will be subject to special administration due to deteriorating indicators of liquidity and solvency. The Board appointed Nicolae Crisan, former CSA President, who fully took over the attributes of the insurer's Board of Directors.
"We have not yet received the decision of CSA's Board regarding the withdrawal of the operating license and the company's bankruptcy," according to a declaration by Crisan for Business Standard.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei