RAEF files application for banking licencePublish date: 02-12-2008
Next spring, a new lender with Romanian private capital could enter the banking market, if the shareholders manage to get a licence from the National Bank.
"The Supervision Department has received a number of licence applications for banks, including banks with very good Romanian capital. The file was submitted a month ago, some comments were made," stated Nicolae Cinteza, head of the NBR's Supervision Department.
He reiterated that the selection NBR makes when accepting an individual or legal entity as shareholder in a bank was "very rigid and tough.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei