Entrepreneur Dan Ostahie becomes one of the top mall developers in RomaniaPublish date: 28-11-2008
Dan Ostahie, chairman of the Altex Group, which opened the biggest shopping centre controlled by its real estate division (Cometex) in Buzau yesterday, said he brought forward the inauguration of the mall despite the unfavourable economic climate to avoid losing major contracts.
"Even with the current economic conditions we would still have a lot to lose if one of the retailers left, had we postponed the opening until March, when 100% of the mall would have been complete," Ostahie said.
Aurora Shopping Mall in Buzau, which covers 25,000 square metres, is 85% rented, with the main anchors being a Carrefour hypermarket and an Altex store, in addition to retailers such as New Yorker, Intersport, Takko and Deichmann. Aurora Mall is a three-storey building, with an underground car park for 460 vehicles, a ground floor and a food court on the first floor.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei