Battle for insurance market top spot to change in Q4Publish date: 21-11-2008
The 2009 RCA campaign (third-party liability auto insurance) could bring about a change in insurance market leader in the last quarter of this year, a position held since 2002 by the Allianz-Tiriac insurer.
After announcing its results for the January-September 2008 period, Allianz-Tiriac is once again at the top, with a volume of gross subscribed premiums of over €285 million. The Vienna Insurance Group-owned Omniasig is second, with gross subscribed premiums in the first three quarters worth €252.4 million.
Omniasig yesterday announced a 48.74 percent rise in gross subscribed premiums [Ed. n. growth was calculated on the lei-denominated value] compared to year-on-year, which constitutes an advance of almost double compared to the general evolution of the insurance market estimated for the first three quarters.
The growth reported by Omniasig was sustained by a surprising evolution on the property insurance segment, which rose 98.51 percent compared to September 2007, according to company figures. No-fault insurance also registered significant growth, of 82.87 percent, while RCA insurance rose 20.89 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei