Analysts: Lending growth will slow down to 5% in 2009Publish date: 19-11-2008
Analysts foresee a significant slowdown in lending in 2009 and even a deceleration of around 5% compared with 2008, which will implicitly lead to a decline in consumption and make an impact over the economic growth rate, whilst constructions and retail will be the fields hardest hit.
"In 2009, I expect an abrupt slowdown in lending to around 5% toward yearend. The slowdown is likely to be steeper on the segment of the population," considers Nicolaie Chidesciuc, senior economist with ING Bank.
Uniqua's withdrawal to hurt Astra-Uniqa's image and business
The decision by the Austrian Uniqa group to withdraw its name from the Astra-Uniqa company logo will affect the image and business of the insurer whose majority shareholder is the Nova Trade group.
Sources in the local insurance industry say that Astra will register losses on certain business segments, with bancassurance, large client, and leasing divisions most affected.
The entire bancassurance division team and part of the Astra-Uniqa leasing division team migrated to Unita, which recently became part of the portfolio of the Uniqa group.
Astra-Uniqa's main goals announced in the summer of 2007 included developing its portfolio, especially life insurance products, its partnership with the Raiffeisen Group and other lenders, new sales channels, and continuing its territorial expansion.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei