M & A deals and company listings failed due to crisisPublish date: 18-11-2008
Several transactions and stock market listings, worth a total €1.8 billion, were cancelled or delayed until further notice due to the international financial crisis, according to an analysis made by Business Standard based on market data. Financing access in the local business environment is almost frozen, as lenders restricted lending and blocked major loans. Furthermore, the loans that are granted became more expensive.
Distributor Interbrands and construction materials and decorations retailer Ambient, energy companies Hidroelectrica and Transelectrica and telecom operator Romtelecom are among the major companies that were forced to put their sale or listing plans on hold.
"Most investors blocked several transactions as they are waiting the companies' value to decline or because, although they had liquidities, they are facing problems in their home countries and they have to fill in the gaps there," according to Raiffeisen Investment Romania Managing Director, Ioana Filipescu. So far, companies' value dropped 30-50 percent due to the crisis, she added. "Before the crisis, the mergers & acquisitions market had great potential and a 15 multiple was easy to obtain. Now, however, a 7.5 percent multiple is great."
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei