The crisis, a perfect timing for launching online start-upsPublish date: 12-11-2008
The major players inside the Internet industry appreciate that the moments of crisis, as it also happened in 2000-2001, are a perfect timing for launching new projects, sites that will gain billion of dollars in a few years. At least this is the conclusion drawn by the founder of Digg.com, Kevin Rose, to Web 2.0 Summit 2008 which just ended at San Francisco.
It's also true that the only concrete event of the conference was the launch of MySpace Music and the rumor that the online division of News Corp. will launch an MP3 player under its own brand, for competing with iPod. Does anybody really believe this?
On the other hand, on this time Web 2.0 Summit was more like a business summit in comparison with the previous meetings of the young people in industry. The players in domain don't legitimate anymore as successful start-ups, but as serious, mature companies that have a significant impact on audiences. On this time, Kevin Rose or the founder of Twitter Biz Stone weren't anymore speakers at the conference, they being replaced by leaders in the high-tech industry, such as Al Gore, Paul Otellini, chief of Intel, and also stars, such as Lance Armstrong, or talent hunters from all big corporations.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei