Romanian Car Mkr Dacia To Halt Production Between Nov 20, 21Publish date: 03-11-2008
Romanian car maker Dacia announced Monday it will halt production between November 20 and 21, due to the need to adapt production to the auto market evolution. Dacia previously used this measure for another four days, namely October 30-31 and November 13-14.
Activity will continue uninterrupted in the two days at the spare parts plant, the CKD Center (spare parts for exports and assembly in other plants), as well as in the deliveries and finishing departments, said a press release issued by Dacia.
At the same time, the gearbox production, as well as other activities within the Mechanical Plant will unfold normally.
Dacia currently produces 1,360 cars per day, and the factory's interruption will be equivalent to 8,160 which will not be produced.
Employees who will remain at home during the cease of production will receive 85% of their gross salaries, in accordance with the 2008 Dacia collective labor contract.
At the same time, they will receive food stamps for the days in which activity was halted. The stamps were given to them in advance.
The Dacia plant in Mioveni produced 224,043 cars in the first ten months of the year, more the entire 2007 production, which was of 222,914 units.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei