Joint World Bank/International Monetary Fund Mission To Assess Romania's Fin SystemPublish date: 03-11-2008
A joint mission of the World Bank and of the International Monetary Fund, or IMF, will be on a visit to Romania between November 3 and November 14 to assess the country's financial system, a statement of the International Monetary Fund read.
The statement refers to this visit as the second to Romania, after the mission which evaluated the financial system in 2003.
The period for the second visit was established last year, after Romania asked for the mission long time ago.
"The mission will not discuss or negotiate any financial aid to support Romania, and the results will be made public together with the conclusions of the consultations on Article IV of 2009," the statement read.
The stand-by agreement between the International Monetary Fund and Romania ceased on formal level on July 7, 2006, and the country continues to cooperate with the fund via collaborations with experts of the institution.
The last visit made by International Monetary Fund experts to Romania took place between September 26 and October 2. Its goal was to have consultations with the Romanian authorities in Bucharest.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei