Romania Ranks 3rd In EU Econ Sentiment Top In OctPublish date: 30-10-2008
Romania ranked third in a European Union top on the economic sentiment indicator, or ESI, on the month in October, down 1.3 points to 103.7 points, EU said in a report Thursday.
Bulgaria ranked first with 110.3 points, while Poland scored 105.3 points.
All the EU member countries registered decreases of the ESI, the largest being in Netherlands, of 11.3 points, while France registered a 6.5 points decrease, Italy a 6.1 points decrease, and UK a 5.7 points slide.
The ESI was down 7.4 points to 77.5 points at the EU level, while euro-zone ESI decreased 7.1 points to 80.4 points.
ESI was calculated subject to five sentiment indicators: the industry accounted for 40%, the services for 30%, the consumer for 20%, the constructions for 5% and the trade for 5%.
The ESI on the Romanian industry scored one point in October, while Bulgaria's scored seven points and Cyprus three points. All the other EU member states scored negative values.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei