BCR posts a staggering 70 percent profit for the first nine monthsPublish date: 30-10-2008
The sale of Asiban doubled the profit growth rate rhythm in the first nine months for Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Banca Romana de Dezvoltare (BRD), and Banca Transilvania (BT), three of the banks who, together with state-owned Casa de Economii si Consemnatiuni (CEC) each sold a quarter of their holding in the insurer to the French Groupama insurer.
The BCR group, leader on the Romanian financial market, announced a profit of €341 million at the end of nine months, up over 70 percent year-on-year. This result is due mainly to its receiving payment in the third quarter of the €62 million for its 25 percent share in Asiban. BCR also reported a 58.5 percent advance in income from interest, and 24 percent from commissions. "BCR is in good shape, capable of countering any adverse effect of the turbulence on international financial markets, said Dominic Brynseels, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BCR in the announcement by the bank's majority shareholder, Erste Bank.
The Austrian Erste Bank group announced a net profit of some €1.5 billion for the first nine months, up 74.6 percent year-on-year. This evolution is attributed largely to the sale of the insurance division to the Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), which added €600 million to the posted result. The Austrian bank also announced it received €2.7 billion in assistance from the Austrian state, to ensure liquidity, for which it will pay interest of 8 percent, but for which the state will not be allowed to become a shareholder.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei