AFI: Banks will only lend money to major clientsPublish date: 30-10-2008
Banks will keep financing real estate projects of major developers, especially if they had previous lending contracts signed. New investors and those with low financial power, instead, will have difficulties in getting financing for their projects.
"Banks have to survive, although their resources are lower, they will have to choose serious developers. It is true that negotiations will take a bit longer and conditions will be more severe, but I cannot see why banks that already signed contracts for ongoing projects should give up financing," said the CEO of AFI Europe developer, Reuven Havar.
During the "Focus: Real estate market in 2008" seminar organized by Business Standard, Havar said the retail market is not undergoing a crisis currently, but problems could appear on the longer term. "We are strongly involved in the retail market, but we had no negative impact, although rental prices are not low. In the past few months, higher construction costs made us slightly increase rents," he added.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei