The crisis of moral values led to the world financial crisisPublish date: 24-10-2008
For two days, Iasi was the capital city of the dialogue between the political environment and religious one, within the XI edition of the Intercultural Dialogue between the Orthodox Church and the European People's Party and European Democrats( EPP - ED). The world financial crisis was one of the themes debated, the conclusion being that the current economic crisis will last many years and that its roots derive from a deeper crisis, the one of the values.
Iasi has become for several days an "European capital city of the dialogue" , between the laics and clericals, during the conference of the XI Dialogue Conference between the Orthodox Church and the EPP-ED Group. The main theme of the conference was represented by the importance of the intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, as also by the importance of the dialogue in combating the conflicts.
There was also stressed the importance of the dialogue between the political and religious environments and how can be straightened or avoided some conflict situations. It wasn't avoided the theme of the world financial crisis, being anti cipated deep changes in society as a result of the current economic conjuncture.
"We are witnessing a financial crisis which affects every domain of our existence, the poor and the rich, to an unprecedented global level. However, the roots of this crisis derive from another type of crisis to which few people refer to. The tumult of the financial crisis doesn't allow us to see other crisis, which nobody seems to be prepared to face, meaning a crisis of values which is proliferating in the current society", Jaime Mayor Oreja, Head of the Spanish EPP-ED Delegation in the European Parliament stated.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei