Romania's financial companies crash 9.20%, following corrections on foreign marketsPublish date: 16-10-2008
The Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) suffered strong corrections in today's session after two consecutive days of significant growth, with the five financial companies in Romania known as SIFs plunging an average 9.20 percent.
Liquidity dropped 40 percent to 28.28 million lei (7.47 million euros) from 49.04 million lei in the previous session.
The BET index of the ten best companies on BSE eased 5.38 percent to 3,619.70 and the BET-C composite index measuring all listed shares minus financial companies lost 6.17 percent to 2,716.61.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies SIF slumped 9.20 percent to 17,544.46 and the ROTX index for trading blue chips in Vienna lowered 6.06 percent to 8,591.31.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid companies fell 6.41 percent to 354.83 and the BET-NG index which reflects the evolution of the ten power companies dipped 6.96 percent to 491.37.
Shares of second Romanian lender by assets BRD SocGen (BRD) were the most liquid, with deals totaling 5.7 million lei, and depreciated 5.64 percent to 9.20 lei.
SIF Oltenia (SIF5) plummeted 10.66 percent to 0.88 lei, SIF Moldova (SIF2) plunged 11.05 percent to 0.7650 lei, SIF Transilvania (SIF3) slipped 5.4 percent to 0.473 lei and SIF Muntenia (SIF4) fell 8.63 percent to 0.635 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei