Romania's leu grows close to 3.80 against the euro helped by comeback of currencies in the regionPublish date: 09-10-2008
Romania's leu appreciated to 3.80 versus the single European currency from 3.89 earlier today in line with regional drift, on high interests.
The leu opened at 3.89 against the euro and then rose to 3.85 after the first half hour of trading. After a slight stagnation, it continued recovery to 3.8050.
It then stayed for a while at 3.81 against the euro and at 11:55 banks were buying the euro for 3.8086 and selling it for 3.8192.
In the region, the Polish zloty and the Hungarian forint grew against the euro. The zloty gained ground from 3.4672 to 3.4121 and the forint advanced from 253.80 to 249.50.
On the international markets, the American dollar fell over the euro from 1.358 to 1.38 and at 11:55, Romania's hour, the euro traded at 1.3756 dollars.
Interbank interests for overnight deposits remained high at 14-16 percent per year, above the annual key interest rate of 10.25 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei