Romania's Raiffeisen BpL plans to end takeover process of HVB Banca pentru Locuinte by June 2009Publish date: 03-10-2008
Romanian home lender Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte (Raiffeisen BpL) hopes the process of integrating HVB Banca pentru Locuinte will be completed by the middle of next year, according to Alexandru Ciobanu, president of Raiffeisen BpL.
Raiffeisen Bank Romania, Raiffeisen Bausparkasse and Bausparkasse Schwabisch Hall inked in July the takeover contract of home lender HVB Banca pentru Locuinte (HVB BpL), purchasing it from Vereinsbank Victoria Bauspar (VVB), Bank Austria Creditanstalt and UniCredit Tiriac Bank.
HVB Banca pentru Locuinte managed around 10,000 active contracts at the end of last year, with a total client deposits value of around 5 million euros.
Raiffeisen BpL focuses more on consolidating the quality of its existing contracts rather than on hiking their number.
Raiffeisen Banca pentru Locuinte was created in 2004 by Raiffeisen Bank Romania, Raiffeisen Bausparkasse (Austria) and Bausparkasse Schwabisch Hall (Germany). It currently manages contracts of 160,000 clients worth 600 million euros. Total savings exceeded 70 million euros in 2007, a 20 percent hike over 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei