Ford To Make Transit Turneo Connect At Romanian UnitPublish date: 03-10-2008
US' automaker Ford will manufacture at its factory in Craiova both the passenger carrying and van models of Transit Connect, the company's marketing, sales, and service president Ingvar Sviggum told MEDIAFAX Thursday.
Sviggum did not provide any details on the passenger-carrying version of Transit Connect, namely Turneo Connect, which will be exclusively manufactured in Craiova, saying the project is under survey.
"The factory in Craiova will also manufacture vehicles for other European markets, and could target markets outside Europe. I could only say this would be a European-designed vehicle," he added.
Ford said it would manufacture three models at its factory in Craiova by now, namely Transit Connect and Turneo Connect versions, an auto and another average-size light commercial vehicle.
Ford bought in 2007 a 72.4% stake in Automobile Craiova for EUR57 million. Romanian investment fund SIF Oltenia (SIF5.RO) also holds a 22.06% stake in the plant.
The deal has been delayed by a probe of the European Commission, which ordered the Romanian government to recover an illegal EUR27 million state aid from Automobile Craiova.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei