Romania, second from last in terms of retail expensesPublish date: 30-09-2008
With a budget of 790 euros per capita earmarked for expenses in retail, Romania ranks second from last in the region, only ahead of Ukraine, with 563 euros, and behind another six CEE countries, according to an Euromonitor survey based on 2007 data.
The above-quoted survey puts Romanian food retail at 12.9bn dollars (9.4bn euros) in 2007, namely around 55% of overall retail including drugstores, universal stores and stores that specialise in certain products categories, such as cosmetics, electrical home appliances or apparel.
The food market cannot be blamed for the major gaps between Romania and the region average, believes Sorin Minea, chairman of the Romanian Federation of Food Industry Business Owners (Romalimenta).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei