Bank deposits rose slower in August, on trend with sluggish creditsPublish date: 24-09-2008
Deposits made in lei or in foreign currencies slowed down in August to a 30.9 percent increase rate, from 35.2 percent in July, reaching 141.33 billion lei, as reserves in foreign currencies also decreased considerably.
The August annual deposits increase rate was the lowest of the last ten months, being rivaled only by the rate in October 2007, when companies' both national and foreign currencies deposits had moved forward by 29.9 percent compared to the same period in 2006.
Deposits of individuals and companies increased in August by 0.7 percent month-on-month, lei deposits advancing by 1.3 percent, up to 93.5 billion lei and foreign currencies deposits shrinking by 0.4 percent, down to 47.8 billion lei.
While individuals' reserves clogged in August around 19.9 billion lei and slowed down their increase rate to 33.2 percent from 34.3 percent in the July 2007-July 2008 interval, companies' lei deposits went up by 2.7 percent, to 43.6 billion lei.
In the foreign currencies segment, the monthly advance of 3.1 percent in the individuals' savings was neutralized by the 5.4 percent shrinking of companies' deposits. Individuals reached on August 31 29.13 billion lei worth reserves and companies owned foreign currencies deposits that equaled 18.68 billion lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei