Romania's monthly unemployment rate ups to 3.87% in August, statistics showPublish date: 15-09-2008
The unemployment rate in Romania advanced to 3.87 percent in August as the number of jobless people increased by 5,000 compared to the previous month, according to data from the country's labor force agency (ANOFM).
As many as 345,510 people were unemployed in August, versus 340,462 people in July. About 48 percent of them were women.
The average unemployment rate in Romania rose to 4 percent in the first eight months. The counties Vaslui and Mehedinti posted the highest rates in the mentioned period, of 8.6 percent.
An average number of 13,909 people were unemployed monthly in Vaslui from January to August and some 10,585 people in Mehedinti. Bucharest counted around 18,225 jobless people per month in the mentioned period, despite a low jobless rate of 1.8 percent in August.
ANOFM counts only the unemployed people that are registered at the labor force agencies.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei