Romania's economic growth to reach 8.5 - 9.1% this year, finance minister estimatesPublish date: Astazi, 11-09-2008
Romania's Economy and Finance Minister, Varujan Vosganian, gauged the economic growth rate to stand around 8.5 and 9.1 percent this year, said the government spokeswoman, Camelia Spataru.
Romania could end this year with an economic advance of 8 percent, Vosganian said on September 9.
Vosganian added it is the first time the country reached negative inflation this year, in August.
Consumption prices slipped 0.09 percent in August versus July, as it was the second month with deflation after the anticommunist upheaval in 1989, after August 2006, when the annual inflation stood at -0.07 percent.
Exports exceeded 3 billion euros, according to Vosganian, and increased by 150 million euros versus June.
Romania's gross domestic product (GDP) was of 195.8 billion lei in the first half of the year, a record advance of 8.8 percent versus the similar period in the previous year. It climbed 9.3 percent year-on-year in the second quarter, another post-revolutionary peak.
The country's prognosis body (CNP) estimated an economic growth of 6.5 percent for 2008 in its spring report, but data of record high results for the first semester could hike the estimates of the autumn report.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei