Banca Romaneasca's half-year earnings up to 2008 profit targetPublish date: 31-08-2008
The net earnings of lender Banca Romaneasca, the 11th largest player on the local banking system in terms of assets, tripled year-on-year in the first half of 2008, due to higher revenue from interest.
The bank posted €14 million in net income, compared to the €16 million gross profit target established for the entire year.
The bank's growth on the lending segment was higher compared to the market. The loan balance amounted to €1.96 billion in H1, some 86 percent higher year-on-year. Most of the loans granted were mortgages and corporate loans.
Bank representatives target a 3.5 percent market share in terms of assets by the end of the year, compared to 2.7 percent in 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei