Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Romania raises H1 gross profit 27% y/y to EUR 5mPublish date: 29-08-2008
Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Romania, the unit of Italy's second-biggest bank Intesa Sanpaolo SpA, reported an annual 27 percent increase of its gross profit in the first semester this year to 17.9 million lei, according to data from the mother bank.
The bank did not announced first half net profit.
The lender's operating profit in the first six months grew 56.7 percent to 21.3 million lei year-on-year and operating incomes advanced 40.1 percent to 60.5 million lei.
Operating spending stood at 39.2 million lei, a 32.4 annual advance.
The lender opened 18 new units in the first half of 2008 to reach the current number of 68 subsidiaries and agencies countrywide. The newest units include those in southern town of Targoviste, Vaslui in the east and western town of Salonta.
The lender's Romanian branch registered a net profit of 3.33 million lei in the first quarter of 2008, 1.75 times higher than the net profit in the same period last year.
The bank's total assets reached 2 billion lei at the end of March 2008, 90 percent up as compared to March 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei