Insurer AIG Life Asigurari raises business 51% in H1 to 140m lei helped by gross profit, salesPublish date: 27-08-2008
Romanian insurance company AIG Life Asigurari said its first semester business grew 51 percent over the similar period last year underpinned by double gross profit stemming from sales increase.
The gross profit doubled year-on-year to 24 million lei and the value of contracts rose 37 percent over the first six months of 2008. The company did not reveal data on the net profit.
The company's main development on the life insurance segment was supported by growth on the mandatory private pension market or Pillar II.
The pension fund business AIG Fond de Pensii is the fourth player by assets on Pillar II and counts 270,643 clients. A new pension system was introduced in Romania last year comprising of the traditionally state-collected pensions or Pillar I, the private pensions or Pillar III and a new type, the private mandatory pensions.
AIG Life is controlled by American Life Insurance Company (ALICO) and rolled into the Romanian market in 1998.
Plans for this year and the next one include opening new offices countrywide and releasing services to respond to clients' demands.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei