Banks focus on graduate recruitmentPublish date: 27-08-2008
Companies in the financial-banking segment, where the personnel deficit is high, are recruiting graduates and training them for management jobs. This year, ING Bank Romania finalized its selection of the six graduates who will benefit from a one-year training program in all departments. The bank initiated the program in 1997, with over 50 graduates advancing to top and middle management jobs since then. ING invested €20,000 in the program this year.
Citibank Romania recruits students for a program that combines experience, Professional training and management skill development. "The participants will be involved long-term in business projects, to prepare them to work in management anywhere in the world at Citi," according to the Human Resource Manager of Citibank Romania, Florin Petrescu. Citibank also offers part-time training, during which students can develop a 3-6-month project.
The Reward Info Serv Manager at Hay Group Romania advisory company, Alina Popescu, said that the most difficult jobs to fill are management level, because 67 percent of companies say they have problems finding people with leadership abilities.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei