Romanian business owners choose Austrian managersPublish date: 26-08-2008
Good knowledge of the Romanian business environment and the relatively minor distance between Bucharest and Vienna are reasons for which local business owners choose Austrian managers.
Businessman Ovidiu Tender, owner of Grupul Energetic Tender energy group, appointed a management team made up of seven Austrian managers, led by Peter Eisnekolv. Their combined salary package amounts to €1 million. "The team manages all the companies I own. I decided to employ a team of expats because Romanian managers did not obtain the expected results," Tender said. He added that choosing an Austrian management team was intentional, but their profile was best suited to his needs. The management of Grupul Energetic Tender is carried out through Vulcan International, whose headquarters is in Vienna.
"I made this decision at a time when things were bad. The results are already visible after the first quarter. Vulcan, which last year posted losses, has become profitable," Tender said.
According to executive search specialist George Butunoiu, Austrian managers are preferred to British or French managers because Austria is closer to Romania, making relocation costs lower. He said a new trend is visible on the market, namely the "importing" of Austrian managers for construction projects.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei