Romanian 7-Mos Budget Def At 0.64% Of GDPPublish date: 21-08-2008
Romania's budget deficit was 0.64% of gross domestic product in the first seven months of 2008, minister of economy and finance Varujan Vosganian said Thursday.
Romania's general consolidated budget saw its deficit expanding to 1.18%, or 5.19 billion lei (EUR1=RON3.5324) of gross domestic product after the first half the year, compared with a deficit of 0.4% in January-May period.
The deficit was the result of revenues worth RON90.64 billion, or 35.35% of GDP in the first seven months of 2008, compared with RON66.97 billion during the same period a year before.
Of total revenues, the state budget revenues accounted for RON57.39 billion in the first seven months of 2008, up 37.86% from the same period a year ago.
Mid-July, the government has revised up this year's budget by RON842 million, due to a higher than expected gross domestic product at the end of the year, but kept unchanged the 2.3% budget deficit limit.
In March this year, the government lowered the budget deficit limit to 2.3% of gross domestic product, from 2.7%, to keep it in line with European Union requirements.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei