Romania's financial companies plunge 2.59% on closing on BSE, to three-year lowPublish date: 21-08-2008
The five financial companies in Romania, or SIFs, dropped an average 2.59 percent today on closing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) to a new low of the past three years, on a general market slip.
Liquidity went up by one third to 24.48 million lei (6.93 million euros) from 18.23 million lei in the previous session.
The BET index of the ten most liquid stocks on the bourse fell 1.18 percent to 5,667.41 and the BET-C composite index measuring all listed shares minus investment funds droped 1.14 percent to 4,147.28.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies known as SIFs dipped 2.59 percent to 31,378.81, marking a new minimum value since September 2005. The ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna lowered 0.97 percent to 13,286.61.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid companies on the market lost 1.56 percent to 581.27 and the BET-NG index of the ten power companies on BSE fell 1.03 percent to 786.55.
The main European bourses closed with significant drops. The FTSE index in London idled at 5,371.70 the DAX index in Frankfurt slipped 1.29 percent to 6,236.46 and the CAC40 index in Paris lowered 1.36 percent to 4,306.46.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei