VIG posts tenfold higher earnings in RomaniaPublish date: 21-08-2008
Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), Austria's largest insurer, posted gross profit worth €44.55 million from its operations in Romania in the first six months, more than ten times higher than in H1 2007, according to the company's financial report.
VIG is leader on the local insurance market, where it owns Omniasig, Omniasig Asigurari de Viata, Unita, Agras and Asirom insurance companies. It also acquired the insurance operations of Austrian Erste group, which controls Romania's largest lender, Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), but the results of these companies were not included in the financial report.
The insurer registered €360.52 million in gross subscribed premiums in H1 2008, 87.5 percent higher than in the first six months last year. Vienna Insurance Group's business in Romania makes up 8.6 percent of total gross premiums registered by the group, worth €4.2 billion.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei