Romania's Finance Ministry estimates 750m lei losses from state guarantees and subloans by 2010Publish date: 20-08-2008
Romania's Economy and Finance Ministry (MEF) estimated an average annual loss of 251.5 million lei for the period 2008 - 2010, caused by payments made from the contingency fund to the beneficiaries of state guarantees and subloans, a ministry report reads.
The ministry will grant state guarantees and subloans with "more caution" from now on, because payments from the contingency fund can widen the budget deficit, according to the report.
The guarantees and subloans will be granted only for high priority or strategic projects, after verifying the credit worthiness of the beneficiaries.
The state guaranteed debt totaled 1.88 billion euros after six months, 194 million euros lower than at the end of last year. The public sector accounted for 1.806 billion euros of the total debt, while the private sector accounted for just 74 million euros.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei