American cars preferred in leasing, compared to Italian and Asian carsPublish date: 20-08-2008
Some 80 percent of expensive American cars are leased by Romanians, while leasing is preferred by only 20 percent of buyers of Italian cars, according to data from the Association of Automotive Manufacturers and Importers (APIA).
The best-sold cars in leasing are Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep, while BMW, Fiat or Hyundai are paid for in cash or installments.
One third of a total of 120,000 imported cars in the January-July period were acquired in leasing. For cars produced outside the European Union, the buyer must also pay customs tax.
"As a rule, American cars are acquired in leasing, because the customs taxes are quite high, which is not the case with Asian cars, often produced in Europe, making customs taxes zero. For clients it is normal that they should prefer to pay taxes only on the residual 20 percent value. This is why leasing is quite high also for Chinese cars, far from the cheapest on the Romanian market," according to a declaration by Alin Tapalaga, General Manager of Porsche Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei