real,-Hypermarket imports foreign specialistsPublish date: 20-08-2008
The lack of personnel specialized in bakery, pastry and fresh product processing is prompting companies operating on the retail market to recruit employees from abroad. The trend is increasingly visible as retail chains are expanding.
"We are recruiting foreign professionals both directly and through the Metro network, of which Real,-Hypermarket is a part. We resorted to this solution due to the low number of specialists on the local market," the chain's HR Manager, Liliana Simion, said. "We have foreign specialists at all levels, from the general manager to store employees," she added.
Foreign specialists work from two to five years in Romania and are recruited on markets with tradition in certain fields. "For fresh and ultra-fresh [products], we recruited professionals from Italy," Simion said. Other specialists come from Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, France and Britain.
Romanian employees can also be promoted internationally, depending on vacancies within the group.
On the local market, real,-Hypermarket plans to recruit some 2,500 people by the end of the year, to reach a total 10,000 employees.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei