Deutsche Bank acquires 6.5% of Flamingo InternationalPublish date: 20-08-2008
Lender Deutsche Bank and the investment funds it controls have acquired some 6.5 percent of household appliance and IT product retailer Flamingo International, the third-largest on the local market.
The deal was made on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB), where Flamingo is listed, and is the first significant acquisition by the largest German bank in a local listed company. The 6.5 percent stock is worth €2.7 million on the stock market.
The purchase was made by Deutsche Bank and its Poland-based investment division, DWS Polska TFI. Most of the shares were acquired from U.S. investment fund QVT, one of Flamingo's main shareholders.
Representatives of the two companies did not provide details before the closing of this edition.
Flamingo posted €95 million in sales in the first quarter of 2008, with market capitalization at €41 million.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei