Romanian shares could become some of the cheapest worldwide in 2009?Publish date: 19-08-2008
The shares of the main companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) have the lowest price per earnings ratio (PER) estimated for 2008, according to Bloomberg data, which is expecting a 4.8 PER at the level of the BET index, which monitors the top 10 listed companies in terms of liquidity.
PER is the most followed indicator when evaluating shares. It estimates the years required to recover an investment from registered profits, if the entire profit is paid as dividends. A low PER shows shares are cheap and that investments could be recovered in a short amount of time.
The Bloomberg analysis is based on brokerage company estimates related to profits likely to be registered by companies included in the BET index and their current market capitalization.
The 4.8 PER estimated for 2009 is only half the estimated value for this year, of 9.54 percent. It shows, however, that a portion of analysts did not adjust their forecast for Romanian companies, according to representatives of local brokerage companies.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei