Top ten insurers in Romania cut 79.2% slice of the market in the first semesterPublish date: 19-08-2008
The first ten insurance companies in Romania controlled at the end of the first semester almost four fifths of the market with a value of contracts of 3.5 billion lei, according to data from the market watchdog CSA.
The market leader remains Allianz-Tiriac which owns 15.8 percent of the market with gross premium written (GPW) of 698.65 million lei, followed by Omniasig (part of the Vienna Insurance Group - VIG) with a market share of 13.90 percent and GPW of 641.66 million lei.
The third position was secured by Asirom which has a market share of 9.09 percent and GPW of 401.89 million lei.
ING Asigurari de Viata, part of the largest Dutch insurer ING, controls 6.18 percent of the market. It is followed by Unita (6.12 percent market share), BCR Asigurari (5.77 percent), Astra Asigurari (5.73 percent), Ardaf (4.93 percent).
The last position was secured by Generali, with a 4.80 percent share and GPW of 212.25 million lei.
Some 43 insurance companies currently operate on the Romanian market.
The Romanian insurers posted GPW of 4.42 billion lei in the first six months of 2008, a year-on-year climb of 22.32 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei