Top stock exchange listed companies made 70% of profit budgeted for 2008Publish date: 19-08-2008
The largest companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) made some 70 percent of the profit budgeted for the entire year in the first half of 2008, according to an analysis carried out by Intercapital Invest brokerage company, with listed companies generally conservative when it comes to their budgets, in order to "surprise" investors at the end of the year.
At the same time, category II companies on the stock market, which include mostly small and medium-sized companies, have met an average 45 percent of this year's target profit.
The analysis takes into account the half-year results reported by major companies listed on BVB, whose average calculation excludes extreme values.
"The first category are companies with very high profits, because these benefitted from certain favorable circumstances, such as Petrom, from the high price of oil. Category II companies did not enjoy such benefits. Furthermore, companies have made increasingly pessimistic budgets, so it is normal for the share of the revenue-expenditure budget to be higher," added Adrian Danciu, Broker Cluj analyst.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei