Businessman Fathi Taher To Invest EUR40M In Five-Star Hotel Central RomaniaPublish date: 18-08-2008
Businessman Fathi Taher will invest EUR40 million in a five-star hotel to be built on the land of Trei Brazi tourism company in Predeal mountain resort, central Romania.
Taher said construction works on the five-star hotel, which will provide 140-146 rooms, as well as conference and leisure centers, would start in March-April 2009 and are due in 14 months tops, adding the construction project also includes a building with 80 apartments.
Taher added he would request Trei Brazi be delisted from the Bucharest Stock Exchange in Sept this year, as he eliminated regional investment fund SIF Transilvania from the company's shareholding structure after he had gradually bought the fund's 28% stake.
According to the latest data, Quatron International Ltd., owned by Taher, owns 66.14% in Trei Brazi, Taher directly owns 19.89%, while the remaining 13.97% stake is distributed among other shareholders.
Taher also owns shares in several Romanian companies, among which, Laminate, Griro, JW Marriott hotel and FC Rapid.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei