Romania Fin Min Points Finger At U.S. Bechtel Over Transylvania Motorway ProblemsPublish date: 15-08-2008
Potential problems with the construction of Transylvania Motorway, which connects central Romanian Brasov to western Bors, should be linked to U.S. constructor Bechtel, as the Romanian authorities have done their part of the deal, economy and finance Minister Varujan Vosganian said Thursday.
"We need the motorway. We allocated EUR400 million this year to Bechtel. I would like to see the kilometers of motorway match our financing. The Romanian government has done its duty, and this year's budget includes the entire financing. If things do not go how they suppose to, you should ask them (Bechtel - e.n.) about it and tell them we've done our job," Vosganian said in a press conference.
In July, the Romanian authorities assigned added 400 million lei (EUR1=RON3.5370) for the construction of Transylvania Highway, upon the second budget revision of the year.
Transport Minister Ludovic Orban said in June the government will assign additional EUR200 million for the investment.
The first 35 kilometers of the Transylvania Motorway will be slated for use in November, Stefan Szobotka, communication manager of the country's national roads and highways company said mid-May.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei