Romanian bank Banca Comerciala Carpatica's H1 net profit plunges 52% to 3.4m leiPublish date: 15-08-2008
The first semester net profit of lender Banca Comerciala Carpatica (BCC) reduced 51.6 percent year-on-year to 3.39 million lei despite advance in assets.
Last year BCC saw first semester net profit of 7 million lei. Assets rose 17.3 percent year-on-year to 2.17 billion lei.
Lending grew 8.7 percent to 1.25 billion lei in the first six months and deposits rose 27.8 percent to 1.78 billion lei. Total revenues increased 55.9 percent to 268.9 million lei.
First semester results stemmed from the lender's decision to centralize the lending process, according to the release the bank sent to the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE). The bank's target in the second semester is to enhance credit portfolio.
BCC is listed at BSE and has a market value of 370.15 million lei for a trading value of 0.2070 lei established on August 14.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei