Interest expenses and salary rises have reduced listed company profitsPublish date: 15-08-2008
Main companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) posted profits in the second quarter 12 times lower than in Q1 2008. However, half-year earnings were 61 percent higher than those in the first six months of 2007, according to an analysis by Business Standard, based on data provided by 39 companies.
The companies analyzed, listed on BVB's main market, posted profits totaling €372.2 million. These figures do not include financial results of the five financial investment companies (SIF).
"Second quarter profits dropped in certain industries and I expect things to be similar in the coming quarter. As concerns industrial companies, an increase in expenses related to increased interest and salaries was visible," according to UniCredit CA IB Securities Romania's head of Analysis Department, Adriana Marin.
On the other hand, in the first six months of 2008, the profit of listed companies amounted to €790 mln, 61 percent higher than in H1 2007, and turnover was 50 percent higher, up to €7.35 billion.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei