Insurer Grawe Romania doubles business y/y in H1 to 68.3m leiPublish date: 14-08-2008
Insurer Grawe Romania said the value of contracts rose 68.3 million lei in the first half of the year versus the same period in the previous, underpinned by the release of new products and higher sales, according to the company.
Last year the insurer poster gross premium written worth 35.45 million lei in the same period last year. The value of GPW posted in the first six months of the year accounted 67 percent of the company's turnover in 2007.
The company announced that last year's result cannot be compared to this year's first half results because the company last year modified its 2007 results in line with the requirements of the insurance market watchdog CSA.
Grawe Romania Asigurare paid damages of 2.22 million lei in the first semester, the same amount as in the similar period in 2007.
Life insurance represent 95 percent of Grawe Romania's portfolio. The company plans to change its portfolio next year after it had released two new life insurance products, known as "unit linked", which should contribute with 30 percent in the GPW.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei